Wednesday 23 May 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 23, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lauren Chapin and Misty Morgan.
China's Little Devils, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 May 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1945!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1945 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Lauren Chapin: American child actress on TV series "Father Knows Best," a heart-warming show of family values that belied the reality of her life.
- Elliott Bernerd: English broker / multi-millionaire.
- Misty Morgan: country keyboardist (duo with Jack Blanchard).
- Michel Arth: Belgian retired school teacher, living on an invalid’s pension and astrology readings.
- Harvey Bialy: American molecular biologist and AIDS denialist.
- Padmarajan : Indian director screenwriter and author (d. 1991).
- Heinrich Himmler: German head of the Gestapo police, architect of the concentration camps and the Holocaust, who was second only to Hitler in the Third Reich.
- Winston Churchill resigns as British Prime Minister
- British military police arrest Admiral Karl D�nitz.
- German island of Helgoland in North Sea surrenders to British.
- Lord Haw-Haw arrested at Danish boundary.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bell-Bottom Trousers - Louis Prima & His Orchestra
- Caldonia Boogie - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
- You Belong To My Heart - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- There Must Be a Way - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- Dick Haymes - Laura