Thursday 31 May 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 31, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rainer Werner Fassbinder and Laurent Gbagbo.
Wonder Man, directed by H. Bruce Humberstone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 May 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1945!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1945 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Rainer Werner Fassbinder: film-maker, dies of drug overdose in Munich, Germany, at age 36.
- Laurent Gbagbo: Ivorian academic and politician 4th President of Côte d'Ivoire.
- Henri Emmanuelli: French senior banking executive and politician.
- Linda Davies: British Judge.
- Bernard Goldberg: American journalist and author.
- Bernard Goldberg?: American journalist.
- Rainer Fassbinder: German prolific film writer and director of the New German theater, known for bizarre, angst-ridden studies of despair.
- Odilo Globocnik: Italian-Austrian SS officer (d. 1945).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Johnston - Laura
- Dream (When You're Feeling Blue) - Frank Sinatra
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
- You Belong To My Heart - Bing Crosby (Xavier Cugat Orchestra)