Sunday 6 May 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Seger and Yvan Dautin.
Enemy of the Law, directed by Harry L. Fraser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1945 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Bob Seger: American rock and roll singer-songwriter, guitarist and pianist.
- Yvan Dautin
- Jimmy Dale Gilmore
- Victoria Bond: Composer.
- Jimmie Dale Gilmore: American musician.
- Kurt Loder: Journalist.
- Jimmie Gilmore: American country-western singer, popular in the '60s and '70s.
- Richard Eyer: American actor and educator.
- Bob Seger in Dearborn: Michigan, USA; rocker (Silver Bullet Band - "Shake Down", "Like a Rock").
- Charlie Gonzalez: Politician.
- Richard Eyers in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (My Friend Irma, Stagecoach West).
- Gen J Blaskowitz surrenders German troops in the Netherlands
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Caldonia - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- Candy - Johnny Long & His Orchestra