Sunday 6 May 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Eyers in Los Angeles and Victoria Bond.
Blood on the Sun, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1945 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Richard Eyers in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (My Friend Irma, Stagecoach West).
- Victoria Bond: Composer.
- Jimmie Dale Gilmore: American musician.
- Bob Seger in Dearborn: Michigan, USA; rocker (Silver Bullet Band - "Shake Down", "Like a Rock").
- Jimmie Gilmore: American country-western singer, popular in the '60s and '70s.
- Bob Seger: American rock and roll singer-songwriter, guitarist and pianist. As a locally successful Detroit-area artist, he performed and recorded as Bob Seger and the Last Heard and Bob Seger System throughout the 1960s. By the early 1970s, he had dropped the "System" from his recordings and continued to strive for broader success with other various bands. In 1973, he put together The Silver Bullet Band, a group of Detroit-area musicians, with whom he became most successful on the national level with the
- Richard Eyer: American actor and educator
- Gen J Blaskowitz surrenders German troops in the Netherlands
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Candy - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- Caldonia - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?