Thursday 24 May 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Priscilla Presley and Clinton Jones.
China's Little Devils, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1945!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1945 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Priscilla Presley: German-American actress, news figure, business executive and author.
- Priscilla Presley in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Jenna - Dallas, The Naked Gun).
- Clinton Jones: American college and pro football player.
- Terry Callier: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2012).
- Steven Norris: English engineer and politician.
- Richard Ottaway: English lieutenant and politician Shadow Secretary of State for Environment Food and Rural Affairs.
- Robert Ritter von Greim: German field marshal (Born 1892).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bell-Bottom Trousers - Louis Prima & His Orchestra
- Caldonia Boogie - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
- You Belong To My Heart - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- There Must Be a Way - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- Dick Haymes - Laura