Tuesday 29 May 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 29, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Lara and Gary Brooker.
Wonder Man, directed by H. Bruce Humberstone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 May 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1945!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1945 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Catherine Lara: French violinist, composer and singer.
- Gary Brooker: English singer-songwriter and pianist (Procol Harum and The Paramounts).
- David Gaines: American poster artist.
- Anthony Seeger
- Peter Fraser: Baron Fraser of Carmyllie Scottish lawyer and politician Solicitor General for Scotland (d. 2013).
- Julian Le Grand: English economist and author.
- Patch Adams: Author.
- Joyce Tenneson: American photographer.
- Jean-Pierre Van Rossem: Belgian scholar and author.
- Martin Pipe: English jockey and trainer.
- John Fogerty: Musician.
- Mike Rossi: rocker (Status Quo).
- Lord Fraser: of Carmyllie; Minister of State (Scotland).
- US 1st Marine Division conquors Shuri-castle Okinawa, Japan.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Johnston - Laura
- Dream (When You're Feeling Blue) - Frank Sinatra
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
- You Belong To My Heart - Bing Crosby (Xavier Cugat Orchestra)