Thursday 17 December 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erskine Caldwell and Ray Noble.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Georgi Yungvald-Khilkevich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 December 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1903!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1903 ?
- Erskine Caldwell: American best-selling writer known for his two most successful novels, "Tobacco Road," 1932 and "God's Little Acre," 1933.
- Ray Noble: English bandleader composer and actor (d. 1978).
- At 10:35 AM, the first sustained, controlled, powered aircraft flight is made by Orville Wright in 12hp Flyer I at Kill Devil Hills, Kittyhawk, North Carolina. The flight lasts 12 seconds.
- The Wright Brothers make their first powered and heavier-than-air flight in the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1903 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mighty Like a Rose - George Alexander
- Up in a Cocoanut Tree - Billy Murray
- You're as Welcome as the Flowers in May - J.W. Myers
- By the Sycamore Tree - Bob Roberts