Thursday 17 November 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Olivier Clément and Albert Bertelsen.
Hamlet, directed by Svend Gade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1921!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1921 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Olivier Clément: French Orthodox Christian theologian, who taught in Paris.
- Albert Bertelsen: Danish painter and illustrator.
- Pa Chay Vue: Hmong Nationalist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Say it with Music - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Second Hand Rose - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Where the Lazy Mississippi Flows - Olive Kline & Elsie Baker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?