Tuesday 17 October 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Benjamin and Luiz Bonfa.
Robin Hood, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Simon Called Peter by Robert Keable was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1922!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1922 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Louis Benjamin: Showman.
- Luiz Bonfa: Brazilian composer (d. 2001).
- Luiz Bonfá: Brazilian guitarist and composer (d. 2001).
- Pierre Juneau: Canadian broadcaster and politician co-founded the Montreal World Film Festival (d. 2012).
- Scottish worker begins hunger march from Glasgow on London
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Honey's Lovin' Arms - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Dancing Fool - Club Royal Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?