Wednesday 16 September 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Allen Funt and Creighton Abrams.
The New Janitor, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1914 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Something Seems Tingle-Ingling - Walter Van Brunt
- The 20th Century Rag - Billy Murray
- John McCormack - A Little Love, A Little Kiss