Wednesday 16 September 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Mulleneaux and Jean Labayle.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Salamander by Owen Johnson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1914 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Love's Own Sweet Song - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
- The 20th Century Rag - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?