Thursday 17 October 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pope John Paul I and Pope John.
The Woman in White, directed by Tim Frywell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1912 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Pope John Paul I: 65-year-old, found dead, after only 33 days as Pope.
- Pope John: Paul I (d. 1978).
- John Paul: Italian Roman Catholic 263rd Pope who reigned for only a short 34 days.
- Victor Serebriakoff: British Mensan, the Chairman of Mensan International.
- John Paul I [Albino Luciano]: 263rd Roman Catholic Pope (1978).
- John : Pope John Paul I (d. 1978).
- Theodore Marier: American composer and educator founded the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School (d. 2001).
- Jack Owens: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1982).
- Titus Vibe-Müller: Norwegian film director and film editor.
- Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia declare war on the Ottoman Empire, joining Montenegro in the First Balkan War.
- Krupp engineers Benno Strauss and Eduard Maurer patent austenitic stainless steel.