Thursday 17 September 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Desmond Lynam and Beverly Aadland.
Street of Chance, directed by Jack Hively, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1942 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Beverly Aadland: Hollywood, California -- Errol Flynns last girlfriend.
- Desmond Lynam: British sportscaster.
- Doris Brown-Heritage: United States -- 800m track star (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Andre Verlaque: French homicide.
- Robert Graysmith: American author and illustrator.
- Des Lynam: Irish-English journalist and author.
- Lupe Ontiveros: American actress and producer (d. 2012).