Thursday 18 November 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Nakache and René Margotton.
The Edge of the Abyss, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while K Mary by Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1915!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1915 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Alfred Nakache: Algerian-born French swimmer and water polo player.
- René Margotton: Roanne Painters.
- Ken Burkhart: American baseball player and umpire (d. 2004).
- Release of the U.S. silent film ''Inspiration'', the first mainstream movie in which a leading actress (Audrey Munson) appears nude.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?