Tuesday 2 November 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Douglas Gordon Lilburn and Sidney Luft.
The Raven, directed by Charles J. Brabin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1915!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1915 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Douglas Gordon Lilburn: Composer.
- Sidney Luft: American film director (Born 1915).
- Beryl McBurnie: Trinidadian dancer and choreographer (d. 2000).
- 1st US election by proportional representation, Ashtabula, Ohio
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Silver Threads Among the Gold - Charles Adams
- I'm Neutral - Bert Williams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?