Monday 1 November 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos A Nicolaas and Michael Denison.
The Raven, directed by Charles J. Brabin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1915!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1915 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Carlos A Nicolaas: Bonaire -- Teacher / poet.
- Michael Denison: York, England -- Actor (Importance of Being Ernest).
- Margaret Taylor-Burroughs: American painter poet and educator co-founded the DuSable Museum of African American History (d. 2010).
- Parris Island is officially designated a US Marine Corps Recruit Depot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Silver Threads Among the Gold - Charles Adams
- I'm Neutral - Bert Williams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?