Saturday 18 November 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James L Lyons and Louis Metzger.
American Aristocracy, directed by Lloyd Ingraham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1916!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1916 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- James L Lyons: Jazz promoter.
- Louis Metzger: San Francisco Military man.
- Claude Durand: Pontoise physician.
- Gen Douglas Haig finally calls off 1st Battle of the Somme in Europe
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cradle Song 1915 - John McCormack
- There's a Little Bit of Bad in Every Good Little Girl - Billy Murray
- Hallelujah Chorus - Reginald McAll
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?