Friday 24 July 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cootie Williams and Enzo Fiermonte.
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1908 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Cootie Williams: American trumpeter (d. 1985).
- Enzo Fiermonte: Italian actor and boxer, sometimes credited as William Bird.
- Vicente Acosta: Salvadoran journalist and poet (d. 1908).
- John Hayes wins 4th olympics marathon (2:55:18.4 world record)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Madama Butterfly - Finale Act I: O Quantiocchi Fisi (O Kindly Heavens) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?