Friday 24 July 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 24, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cootie Williams and Enzo Fiermonte.
Stung, directed by Benni Diez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1908 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Cootie Williams: American trumpeter (d. 1985).
- Enzo Fiermonte: Italian actor and boxer, sometimes credited as William Bird.
- Vicente Acosta: Salvadoran journalist and poet (d. 1908).
- John Hayes wins 4th olympics marathon (2:55:18.4 world record)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rigoletto - La Donna E' Mobile (Woman is Fickle) - Enrico Caruso
- Summertime Medley - Prince's Orchestra
- Honey, Won't You Please Come Down? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Kiss Duet - Henry Burr