Sunday 18 November 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mickey Mouse and Otar Gordeli.
West of Zanzibar, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1928 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Mickey Mouse: Cartoon strip.
- Otar Gordeli: Georgian composer (d. 1994).
- Salvador Laurel: Filipino lawyer and politician 5th Prime Minister of the Philippines (d. 2004).
- Sheila Jordan: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Release of the animated short Steamboat Willie, the first fully synchronized sound cartoon, directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, featuring the third appearances of cartoon characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. This is also considered by the Disney corporation to be Mickey's birthday.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 November 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?