Thursday 18 November 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dorothy Collins and Kim Besly.
What Price Glory, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Beau Sabreur by P.C. Wren was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1926!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1926 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
Famous Birthdays:18 November
- Pope Pius XI issues encyclical "On the persecution of the Church in Mexico".
- George Bernard Shaw refuses to accept the money for his Nobel Prize, saying, ''I can forgive Alfred Nobel for inventing dynamite, but only a fiend in human form could have invented the Nobel Prize''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Barcelona - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Lucky Day - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Baby Face - Ipana Troubadors
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?