Friday 18 October 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Howard Shore and Joe Egan.
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stars in Your Eyes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 October 1946 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Howard Shore: Canadian composer conductor and producer.
- Joe Egan
- Barry Gifford
- James Baker: American author and screenwriter (d. 1997).
- Frank Beamer: American football player and coach.
- Dafydd Elis-Thomas: Welsh academic and politician.
- James Robert Baker: American novelist, screenwriter.
- Michel Graillier: French jazz pianist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Five Minutes More - Skitch Henderson & His Orchestra
- Rumers are Flying - Tony Martin
- Hoagy Carmichael - Ole Buttermilk Sky
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?