Friday 18 October 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 18, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Howard Shore and Joe Egan.
Nobody Lives Forever, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1946 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Howard Shore: Canadian composer conductor and producer.
- Joe Egan
- Barry Gifford
- James Robert Baker: American novelist, screenwriter.
- Michel Graillier: French jazz pianist.
- Virgil Goode: Politician.
- Frank Beamer: American football player and coach.
- Dafydd Elis-Thomas: Welsh academic and politician.
- James Baker: American author and screenwriter (d. 1997).
- Cameron Mackintosh: Businessman.
- Adam Michnik: Editor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Andrews Sisters & Les Paul - Rumors Are Flying
- Passe' - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- The Whole World Is Singing My Song - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)