Sunday 18 August 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 18, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Boyer Coe and Dennis Sutton.
Black Beauty, directed by Max Nosseck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1946 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Boyer Coe: American male bodybuilder and physical culturist.
- Dennis Sutton: Australian astrologer and author of the nine text books used by the Academy of Hermetic Astrology in Canberra.
- Takeshi Uchiyamada: Businessman.
- Joseph Kurtz: American ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Archbishop.
- Manuel Rojas Rodo: More known only as Gerardo Manuel, is a Peruvian rock musician, composer and DJ, founding member of the many Peruvian rock bands like The Doltons, Los Shain's, The (St. Thomas) Pepper Smelter and Gerardo Manuel and El Humo.
- Golf Writers Associaton of America formed.
- The Vergarolla explosion in Croatia kills 70.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra (Vocal Buddy Clark) - South America, Take it Away
- Blue Skies - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Art Lund)
- Andy Russell - Pretending
- To Each His Own - Modernaires & Paula Kelly
- Give Me Five Minutes More - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra