Friday 19 April 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Seaborg and William Murray.
The Victoria Cross, directed by Hal Reid, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1912 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Glenn Seaborg: American scientist, a multifaceted nuclear chemist and Nobel prize winner for his discovery of the radioactive element plutonium, the first scientist to head the Atomic Energy Commission.
- William Murray: Teacher / educationalist.
- Glenn T Seaborg: American chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1999).
- Jean Coupigny: P?rigueux Military man.
- 16th Boston Marathon won by Mike Ryan of New York in 2:21:18.2.