Friday August 19, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cristina Scuccia and Kévin Monnet-Paquet.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roll With It by Steve Winwood.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
Betrayed, directed by Costa-Gavras, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching First Impressions.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 4 Soccer Simulators aka Pro Soccer Simulator or Demon's Winter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1988!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1988 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Cristina Scuccia: Italian Ursuline nun, and singer, who won the 2014 season of The Voice of Italy.
- Kévin Monnet-Paquet
- Kirk Cousins: Football Player.
- Natasha Slayton: Pop Singer.
- Emily Cole: American noted family, the daughter and first child of Maria Cole, the granddaughter of New York governor Mario Cuomo; his second grandchild.
- Iran-Iraq begin a cease-fire in their 8-year-old war (11pm EDT)
- Muang Muang succeeds General Sein Lwin as President of Burma
- New York Rangers sign ex-Montreal Canadiens' great Guy Lafleur.
- A truce begins in the Iran–Iraq War.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Roll With It
- George Michael - Monkey
- Gloria Estefan - 1-2-3
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- Breathe - Hands To Heaven
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rick James Featuring Roxanne Shante - Loosey's Rap
- Freddie Jackson - Nice 'N' Slow
- Loose Ends - Watching You
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- Troop - Mamacita
- Al B. Sure! - Off On Your Own (Girl)
- Guy - Groove Me
- Shirley Murdock - Husband
- Gregory Hines - That Girl Wants To Dance With Me
- Whitney Houston - Love Will Save The Day
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?