Friday 19 December 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Tournier and Alberto Lupo.
Peter Pan, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 December 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1924!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1924 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Michel Tournier: French writer, Tournier is a prolific writer and he is considered as one of the most prominent French writers of the last third of the 20th century.
- Alberto Lupo: Italian theater and TV actor.
- Pierre Kalck
- Gary Morton: American film and television producer (Born 1924).
- Peter Prowtiny: English real estate developer / multi-millionaire.
- Edmund Purdom: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Asissi Underground, Pieces).
- Carlo Chiti: Italian race car engineer (Born 1924).
- Doug Harvey: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 1989).
- The last Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost is sold in London, England.
- German serial killer Fritz Haarmann is sentenced to death for a series of murders.
- An air crash at Croydon Air Field in London kills 8.
- Albania becomes a republic.
- A flash fire at a Christmas celebration in a one-room schoolhouse in Babbs, Oklahoma kills 36 people, mostly small children.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bagdad - Paul Specht & His Hotel Alamac Orchestra
- Doodle-Doo-Doo - Eddie Cantor