Thursday 6 September 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julien Green and Marc Bernard.
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1900 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Julien Green: French-born American novelist (d. 1998).
- Marc Bernard: French author, novelist, playwright, essayist.
- WAC Bennett: Canadian politician (d. 1979).
- Gaetano Leggieri: Italy Scientist.
- W Bennett: Canadian businessman and politician 25th Premier of British Columbia (d. 1979).
- British General Buller occupies Lydenburg South Africa
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1900 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When We are Married - Harry Macdonough & Grace Spencer
- A Night Trip to Buffalo - American Quartet (Earliest)