Thursday 6 September 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julien Green and Marc Bernard.
Soldiers of the Cross, directed by Herbert Booth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Unleavened Bread by Robert Grant was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1900 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Julien Green: French-born American novelist (d. 1998).
- Marc Bernard: French author, novelist, playwright, essayist.
- WAC Bennett: Canadian politician (d. 1979).
- Gaetano Leggieri: Italy Scientist.
- W Bennett: Canadian businessman and politician 25th Premier of British Columbia (d. 1979).
- British General Buller occupies Lydenburg South Africa
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- San Francisco Sadie - Dan Quinn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?