Tuesday 19 January 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Levi Pottorff .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Blue Valentine, directed by Derek Cianfrance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Impact by Douglas Preston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Thy Family.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castlevania: Harmony of Despair or Dance Dance Revolution X2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 19 January 2010 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- 2010 Haiti earthquake:
- The United Nations Security Council increases the size of the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti by 3,500. (UN News Centre)
- Scores of United States Navy troops land near the Haitian presidential palace, bringing food, water, and equipment. (BBC)
- Cadbury acquisition:
- Cadbury chairman Roger Carr says layoffs will be an ampquotinevitabilityampquot following the acquisition. (BBC)
- Iran rejects a deal offered by the International Atomic Energy Agency to exchange low-enriched uranium for nuclear fuel. (BBC)
- Massachusetts voters elect Republican Scott Brown to fill the vacant United States Senate seat previously held by Ted Kennedy. (CNN)
- The United States Supreme Court reverses a decision by the Philadelphia Court of Appeals that had blocked the execution of former Black Panther Party member Mumia Abu-Jamal. (BBC)
- At least 149 people are killed in two days of violence between Christians and Muslims in the Nigerian city of Jos. (BBC)
- Large quantities of oil still remain under beaches over 20 years after an Exxon Valdez oil spill in the Prince William Sound, Alaska. (BBC)
- Japanese air carrier Japan Airlines files for bankruptcy protection. (''Asahi Shimbun'')
- Foreign journalists in China say their emails have been hacked, as Google pulls out of launching its Android mobile phones. (''Washington Post'')
- Bulgarian European Commission nominee Rumiana Jeleva steps down as candidate and minister. (BBC)
- Chinese senior judge Huang Songyou is sentenced to life in prison over corruption charges. (''People's Daily'')
- The Guinean junta appoints opposition leader Jean-Marie Doré as the new prime minister. (BBC)
- A powerful storm in California, United States, causes the evacuation of at least 200 homes in threat of mudslides, and knocks out power for 65,000 customers. One fatality is reported in Kern County. (CBS News)
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev approves the establishment of the North Caucasian Federal District (from Southern Federal District) and appoints Alexander Khloponin as the Vice-Premier and Presidential Representative to the new federal district. (ITAR-TASS)
- The Number Resource Organisation warns the Internet is running out of IP addresses, with less than 10% of current-generation IPv4 addresses still available. (''Daily Telegraph'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 January 2010
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Sedan : 2 - 0
- Arles - Strasbourg : 1 - 1
- Chateauroux - Angers : 2 - 0
- Dijon - Caen : 1 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- St Etienne - Rennes : 0 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Sheffield Weds : 1 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Ebbsfleet - Kettering Town : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?