Monday 9 October 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 9, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Mertens and John Pilger.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1939 ?
- Pierre Mertens: French / Belgian writer (Lettres Clandestines).
- John Pilger: Australian-English journalist director and producer.
- O V Wright: Rocker.
- Mike Hershberger: American baseball player, a right-handed outfielder with the Chicago White Sox, Kansas City/Oakland Athletics, and Milwaukee Brewers between 1961 and 1971.
- Paul Hogan: Actor.
- Stephen Sedley: English lawyer and judge.
- O Wright: American singer-songwriter and producer (d. 1980).
- Nicholas Grimshaw: English architect and academic.
- Harvey Pekar: Writer.