Monday 19 September 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 19, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Margaret, directed by Kenneth Lonergan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Tears Of The Sun by S. M. Stirling was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Exposure.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dino D-Day or Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 19 September 2011 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 September
- With 434 dead, the United Nations launches a $357 million appeal for victims of the 2011 Sindh floods in Pakistan.
- 2011 Mogadishu bombing: 100
- The death toll from the flooding of Cambodia's Mekong River and attendant flash floods reaches 207.
- Terrorism in Pakistan:
- A bomb explodes outside the home of a senior police officer in Karachi, Pakistan, killing at least eight people. (AFP via ''Dawn'')
- At least five people are killed and 21 injured after a bomb explodes in Peshawar. (''Daily Times'')
- Syrian activists and residents claim that the Syrian military have shot dead eight people, including six civilians, north of the city of Homs. (Reuters)
- The Montreal band Arcade Fire wins the 2011 Polaris Music Prize for best Canadian album for ''The Suburbs''. (Canadian Press via ''Winnipeg Free Press'')
- Standard Poor’s lowers Italy's credit rating from A+ to A, due to concerns about its high level of debt and the stability of its government. (Reuters via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission files a lawsuit alleging that unnamed persons engaged in illegal insider trading in the two days before French company Technip announced its plan to buy U.S. company Global Industries. (Reuters)
- At least 27 people are dead and dozens missing after heavy rains in the People's Republic of China. (AFP via Google News)
- Rescue efforts continue for the victims of the 2011 Sikkim earthquake, which has claimed at least 67 lives in India, Nepal and Tibet. (ABC News)
- An earthquake of approximately 5.8 magnitude, two lesser related quakes, and an accompanying series of landslides kill at least three people in a municipality 32 miles south of Guatemala City, Guatemala. (Huffington Post)
- A fire at a prison in Baghdad, Iraq kills 8 and injures a further 31. (''Washington Post'')
- Authorities in Iran arrest 19 people allegedly involved in a $2.6 billion bank fraud. (AP via ''The Republic'')
- Seven people are arrested in the United Kingdom city of Birmingham in relation to alleged involvement in an Islamic terrorist group. (''The Independent'')
- George Cadle Price, the first Prime Minister of Belize, dies at 92 following emergency surgery. (''Go Jamaica'')
- Sinn Féin nominate John O'Dowd to replace Martin McGuinness on a temporary basis as deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland. (BBC)
- The President of the United States, Barack Obama, outlines a plan to cut US deficits by $3 trillion over 10 years, with half of the reductions coming from tax increases. (''The Guardian'')
- In baseball, Mariano Rivera of the New York Yankees sets a record in Major League Baseball for career saves. (AP via ''Taiwan News'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 September 2011
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Karlsruhe - St Pauli : 0 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Monaco - Arles : 1 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Ipswich - Coventry : 3 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Torino - Brescia : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Quickie - Miguel
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Headlines - Drake
- Sure Thing - Miguel
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
- Dia De Suerte - Alejandra Guzman
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Not Again - Staind
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Country Song - Seether
- Tonight - Seether
- Rope - Foo Fighters
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.15
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $90.38
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.22
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $23.10
- 1 CHF = 7.2393 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4496 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8901 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.523 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?