Friday 23 September 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Margaret, directed by Kenneth Lonergan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Exposure.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blobster or Dance Dance Revolution X3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 23 September 2011 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 September
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: The President of Yemen, Ali Abdullah Saleh, returns from Saudi Arabia after a three-month absence, amid an increase in political unrest and violence in Yemen. (Al-Jazeera)
- Thousands of mourners gather in Kabul for the funeral of former President of Afghanistan Burhanuddin Rabbani, who was killed by a suicide bomber earlier in the week. (BBC)
- Global stock markets fall for a second day amid fears of a deepening economic crisis. (Sky News)
- Thousands of Toyota workers in Australia go on strike over a pay dispute. (ABC News Australia)
- Fitch Ratings predicts that financial returns on commercial property in the United States will stabilize, though slowly, in the months ahead. (Reuters)
- Floods in the Filipino province of Maguindanao affect 16,000 families. (Inquirer)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict
- During the opening of the General Assembly of the United Nations, the President of the Palestinian National Authority, Mahmoud Abbas, makes a bid for UN recognition in a unilateral declaration of a Palestinian state, which would exist in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, and have East Jerusalem as its capital. (Sky News)
- The quartet of Middle East negotiators - the United States, European Union, Russia and the United Nations - call on both Israel and Palestine to resume negotiations. (BBC)
- South Korean prosecutors raid the offices of seven savings banks whose operations were suspended last week, with the president of one bank committing suicide. (Yonhap)
- Patriotic Front leader Michael Sata is declared the winner of the Zambian presidential election. (BBC)
- The United States House of Representatives passes a resolution providing funding for the Government through to November 18, but the Senate vows to reject it, making a government shutdown from October 1 possible. (''Washington Post'')
- NASA's 1991-era Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite is expected to fall from orbit sometime this evening Greenwich Mean Time. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 September 2011
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Stuttgart - Hamburg : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Frankfurt FSV - Braunschweig : 1 - 1
- Paderborn - Ingolstadt : 4 - 1
- St Pauli - Erzgebirge Aue : 2 - 3
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Elche - Almeria : 1 - 3
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Angers : 3 - 1
- Chateauroux - Boulogne : 2 - 1
- Guingamp - Le Havre : 1 - 0
- Laval - Monaco : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Quickie - Miguel
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Headlines - Drake
- Sure Thing - Miguel
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
- Dia De Suerte - Alejandra Guzman
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Not Again - Staind
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Country Song - Seether
- Tonight - Seether
- Rope - Foo Fighters
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.06
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $82.25
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.00
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $22.52
- 1 CHF = 7.0611 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.2146 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8784 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.252 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?