Monday 26 September 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Real Steel, directed by Shawn Levy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heat Rises by Richard Castle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carnation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Minecraft or Battlefield Play4Free.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 26 September 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 September
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Forces loyal to the National Transitional Council (NTC) enter Muammar Gaddafi's stronghold of Sirte, as the NTC's three-day assault on the city intensifies. (BBC)
- The President of Indonesia, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, orders the National Police's Detachment 88 counter-terrorism squad to investigate a recent suicide bombing in Solo, Java. (''The Australian'')
- Some of the Dead Sea Scrolls are published online in a joint project between Israel's national museum and Google. (AP)
- Asian and European stock markets open lower in response to the ongoing sovereign debt crisis in Europe. (Sky News)
- More than 100,000 people in the Philippines are evacuated ahead of Typhoon Nesat, with Albay province lying directly in the storm's pathway. (AP via NineMSN)
- Tuvaluan Prime Minister Willy Telavi signs an agreement to establish diplomatic relations with Abkhazia during an official visit to Sukhumi. (RNZI)
- Six people appear in court on terrorism charges, a week after being arrested in the English city of Birmingham. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- US actor Charlie Sheen settles his lawsuit with Warner Brothers and ''Two and a Half Men'' creator Chuck Lorre. (''Hollywood Reporter'')
- About 300 students at Auckland University occupy a university building to protest increases in student fees. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- Kenyan Nobel Peace Prize laureate Wangari Maathai dies while undergoing cancer treatment at the age of 71. (BBC)
- The British Labour Party votes to scrap the tradition of Shadow Cabinet elections at their annual conference in Liverpool. (BBC)
- The United States Senate reaches a temporary deal to avoid a government shutdown. (''The Globe and Mail'')
- The Prime Minister of Spain José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero dissolves the Cortes Generales and calls a general election for November 20. (Fox News Latino)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 September 2011
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Dresden - Ein Frankfurt : 1 - 4
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Getafe - Betis : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Le Mans - Troyes : 1 - 1
- Sedan - Reims : 1 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Norwich - Sunderland : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?