Wednesday 14 September 2011US date format: 9/14/2011, UK date format: 14/9/2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 14, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
What's Your Number?, directed by Mark Mylod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Bossypants by Tina Fey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fresh Meat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bust-a-Move Universe or Crimson: Steam Pirates.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 14 September 2011 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 September
- The Australian government's Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Stephen Conroy, announces an inquiry into the national media. (SBS)
- A Taliban attack on the centre of the Afghan capital Kabul ends with 11 people dead. (The Telegraph)
- Taliban attack on Kabul:: A Taliban attack on the centre of the Afghan capital Kabul ends with 11 people dead. (The Telegraph)The United States Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta warned that the United States would retaliate against the Pakistan-based Haqqani network of terrorists that it believes was responsible. (AFP via Google News)
- Taliban attack on Kabul:
- The United States Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta warned that the United States would retaliate against the Pakistan-based Haqqani network of terrorists that it believes was responsible. (AFP via Google News)
- More than twenty people are killed and scores injured in attacks in Iraq, including 16 people killed in a car bombing in Babil Province. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Archaeologists in the US state of Maryland claim to have found a fort in the Zekiah Swamp in Charles County built to protect the ampquotfriendlyampquot Piscataway Indians in 1680. (''Baltimore Sun'')
- Robert Zoellick, the President of the World Bank, claims that the world economy has entered the ampquotdanger zoneampquot, with the United States, European Union and Japan having to make tough decisions. (Reuters)
- Tropical Storm Maria is strengthening in the Atlantic Ocean with a hurricane watch issued in Bermuda for when it arrives either late tonight or tomorrow. (National Hurricane Centre via NOLA)
- The acquittals of former Premier of Western Australia Brian Burke, former Cabinet Minister Julian Grill and former public servant Nathan Hondros on corruption charges are overturned by the Court of Appeal in Perth, with the three set to face a retrial. (AAP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A French Appeals Court clears former Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin of charges of involvement in a smear campaign against current President Nicolas Sarkozy. (''Irish Times'')
- Paul Tiensten, a former Minister in Papua New Guinea, flees to Australia after being summonsed in East New Britain Province to face charges of fraud and corruption. AAP via ''The Australian'')
- Two days after his release from prison, British Conservative peer Lord Hanningfield is arrested on suspicion of fraudulently claiming expenses during his time as leader of Essex County Council. (BBC)
- In a court case concerning the theft of Kevlar-related trade secrets, DuPont is awarded US$920 million in damages. (''BBC'')
- NASA announces plans for a Space Launch System to replace the Space Shuttle program with the first flight tentatively scheduled for 2017. (''New York Times'')
Sport Games on 14 September 2011
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Panetolikos - Asteras Tripolis : 1 - 0
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2011?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Quickie - Miguel
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Headlines - Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- You - Romeo Santos
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Not Again - Staind
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Country Song - Seether
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.26
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $87.78
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.81
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $22.69
- 1 CHF = 7.296 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4531 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8846 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.561 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?