Thursday 15 September 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
What's Your Number?, directed by Mark Mylod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fresh Meat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deca Sports Extreme or Star Wars: The Old Republic.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 15 September 2011 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 September
- Japanese automaker Toyota resumes full production at its North American plants, having finally overcome parts shortages caused by the March 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (Bloomberg via ''Japan Times'')
- A contract between the North American automaker Chrysler and the United Auto Workers expires at midnight while negotiations continue between the union and General Motors. (''Detroit Free Press'')
- Switzerland's UBS reports that it has lost US$2 billion on unauthorised deals by Kweku Adoboli, one of its London-based traders. (''The Guardian'')
- Stock markets in the United States and Europe rally after major banks, including the European Central Bank and the United States Federal Reserve, initiate a plan to help end the European sovereign debt crisis. (CNN)
- International aid group Oxfam sets up an emergency appeal for victims of the 2011 Sindh floods in Pakistan, which have so far killed more than 200 people. (ABC News Australia)
- Rescue efforts continue to release four miners trapped 90m (295ft) underground following an explosion at Gleision Colliery near Cilybebyll, Pontardawe in the Swansea Valley, Wales, on Thursday morning. (AP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Earthquakes hit off the coasts of Vancouver Island, Cuba, Japan, and New Zealand's north island. (MSNBC)
- Hurricane Maria passes Bermuda on its way to Newfoundland off the coast of Canada. (National Hurricane Centre)
- The Norwegian cruise ship catches fire off Ålesund. Two people are killed and twelve are injured. BBC
- The Prime Minister of Thailand Yingluck Shinawatra visits Cambodia in an effort to improve relations after the border clashes near the Preah Vihear Temple earlier this year which led to the deaths of twenty people. (Bloomberg)
- Israel withdraws its ambassador to Jordan due to fears of a violent protest in Amman. (Reuters)
- Senior NATO leaders including the President of France Nicolas Sarkozy fly to Libya to meet with Mustafa Abdul Jalil, the leader of the National Transitional Council, and other leaders. (BBC)
- UNICEF releases a child mortality report indicating that the number of children dying under the age of five has fallen from more than 12 million in 1990 to 7.6 million in 2010. (UNICEF)
- The United States designates the Indian Mujahideen as a terrorist organisation. (''Indian Express'')
- The People's Republic of China sentences four people to death in the Xinjiang region following threats to crack down on terrorism in the far-western region. (AFP via Google News)
- Figures from the United Kingdom's Ministry of Justice indicate that three quarters of those charged with offences relating to the riots which occurred in August had previous criminal convictions. One quarter had committed more than ten previous offences. (BBC)
- The Supreme Court of the United States halts the execution of Duane Buck for double murder in Texas while it reviews his case that the sentence was unfair because of a question asked about race during his trial. (AP)
- Danish election:
- Voters in Denmark go to the polls for parliamentary elections with a left-wing Coalition led by the Social Democrats winning enough seats to form Government. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Australians will now be able to choose ampquotindeterminateampquot as a gender on their passports together with male and female. (AP via ''Mercury News'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Quickie - Miguel
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Headlines - Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- You - Romeo Santos
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Not Again - Staind
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Country Song - Seether
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.80
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $90.39
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.44
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $23.22
- 1 CHF = 7.3456 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4937 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8832 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.604 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?