Tuesday 20 April 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 20, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How the Universe Works.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All Round Hunter or Doodle God.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 April 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 20 April 2010 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 April
- Dorothy Height: American civil rights activist (Born 1912).
- The Deepwater Horizon oil well explodes in the Gulf of Mexico, killing eleven workers and beginning an oil spill that would last five months.
- Air travel disruption after the 2010 eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull:
- Another plume threatens to cause further disruptions. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Half of all scheduled European flights are expected to go ahead, though airspace remains closed in many countries, including Ireland, Norway and Poland. Denmark accepts no landings. (BBC)
- Planes return to the air in France, Germany and Italy. (ABC News)
- The Irish Aviation Authority closes Cork Airport and Dublin Airport until at least 22:00, opens Shannon Airport for limited services. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- All United Kingdom airports reopen at 10:00pm BST, with the first planes landing at London Heathrow (BBC)
- Two inspection teams from Iraq's ministry of human rights enter a ampquotsecret prisonampquot in Baghdad where ampquotserious legal violationsampquot are said to have occurred. (Al Jazeera)
- The United States and Iraq kill an al-Qaeda leader, Ahmed al-Obeidi, in Nineveh. (''The News International'')
- Bishop of Augsburg Walter Mixa apologises and asks for forgiveness for his physical abuse of children in the 1970s and 1980s. (BBC)
- 82-year-old General Reynaldo Bignone, former military ruler of Argentina, is imprisoned for 25 years for abductions and tortures committed between 1978 and 1979. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A New York businessman, Abdul Tawala Ibn Ali Alishtari is sentenced to 10 years in prison for funneling money to a terrorism training camp in Afghanistan. (''London Evening Standard'')
- Dozens of people gather in central Cairo in a rare protest against the use of force on pro-democracy demonstrations which ampquotpose a threat to the national securityampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Omar al-Bashir's ruling party agrees to accept the results of the recent general election in Sudan. (Al Jazeera)
- Palestinian officials say they will oppose new Israeli orders on deporting Palestinians from the West Bank. (BBC)
- The Yushu earthquake death toll rises to 2,046. (Al Jazeera)
- Lorena Ochoa, the world's number one golfer for the past three years, announces her retirement from the sport at the age of 28. (''The New York Times'')
- President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko announces the ousted President of Kyrgyzstan Kurmanbek Bakiyev, who is wanted by his successors in connection with the recent unrest, is in Minsk. (Al Jazeera)
- The United Kingdom is accused of complicity in torture in Afghanistan as peace campaigner Maya Evans seeks a judicial review of the government's role in the extraordinary rendition of suspects. (''The Independent'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 April 2010
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- QPR - Watford : 1 - 0
- Scunthorpe - Reading : 2 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Wimbledon - Tamworth : 0 - 1
- Gateshead - Stevenage : 0 - 1
- Kettering Town - Crawley Town : 1 - 1
- Kidderminster - Barrow : 1 - 2
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Queen of Sth - Ross County : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Brechin - Cowdenbeath : 3 - 3
- Clyde - Stirling : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Over - Drake
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
Top #10 Latin songs
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- Comandos del M.P. (500 Balazos) - Voz de Mando
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Phoenix - 1901
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Break - Three Days Grace
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Harry Wilson, a Republican contender for state comptroller, says New York needs a Wall Street veteran like himself to oversee its $129.4 billion pension fund. [..]
The Senate Agriculture Committee, more used to dealing with farm subsidies than Wall Street, has drawn enormous interest from lobbyists and donors. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $45.66
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $75.99
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.13
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $53.85
- 1 CHF = 6.389 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8386 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0694 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.363 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?