Tuesday 20 April 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How the Universe Works.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atari Greatest Hits Volume 1 or Doodle God.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 20 April 2010 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 April
- Dorothy Height: American civil rights activist (Born 1912).
- The Deepwater Horizon oil well explodes in the Gulf of Mexico, killing eleven workers and beginning an oil spill that would last five months.
- Air travel disruption after the 2010 eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull:
- Another plume threatens to cause further disruptions. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Half of all scheduled European flights are expected to go ahead, though airspace remains closed in many countries, including Ireland, Norway and Poland. Denmark accepts no landings. (BBC)
- Planes return to the air in France, Germany and Italy. (ABC News)
- The Irish Aviation Authority closes Cork Airport and Dublin Airport until at least 22:00, opens Shannon Airport for limited services. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- All United Kingdom airports reopen at 10:00pm BST, with the first planes landing at London Heathrow (BBC)
- Two inspection teams from Iraq's ministry of human rights enter a ampquotsecret prisonampquot in Baghdad where ampquotserious legal violationsampquot are said to have occurred. (Al Jazeera)
- The United States and Iraq kill an al-Qaeda leader, Ahmed al-Obeidi, in Nineveh. (''The News International'')
- Bishop of Augsburg Walter Mixa apologises and asks for forgiveness for his physical abuse of children in the 1970s and 1980s. (BBC)
- 82-year-old General Reynaldo Bignone, former military ruler of Argentina, is imprisoned for 25 years for abductions and tortures committed between 1978 and 1979. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A New York businessman, Abdul Tawala Ibn Ali Alishtari is sentenced to 10 years in prison for funneling money to a terrorism training camp in Afghanistan. (''London Evening Standard'')
- Dozens of people gather in central Cairo in a rare protest against the use of force on pro-democracy demonstrations which ampquotpose a threat to the national securityampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Omar al-Bashir's ruling party agrees to accept the results of the recent general election in Sudan. (Al Jazeera)
- Palestinian officials say they will oppose new Israeli orders on deporting Palestinians from the West Bank. (BBC)
- The Yushu earthquake death toll rises to 2,046. (Al Jazeera)
- Lorena Ochoa, the world's number one golfer for the past three years, announces her retirement from the sport at the age of 28. (''The New York Times'')
- President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko announces the ousted President of Kyrgyzstan Kurmanbek Bakiyev, who is wanted by his successors in connection with the recent unrest, is in Minsk. (Al Jazeera)
- The United Kingdom is accused of complicity in torture in Afghanistan as peace campaigner Maya Evans seeks a judicial review of the government's role in the extraordinary rendition of suspects. (''The Independent'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 April 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?