Thursday 15 April 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 15, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Losers, directed by Sylvain White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Caught by Harlan Coben was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Las Aparicio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crackdown 2 or Death By Cube.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 15 April 2010 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 April
- Jack Herer: American author and cannabis activist (Born 1939).
- At the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, US President Barack Obama announces details of his new policy for the US space agency NASA. New spacecraft with new rocket booster systems are to be built so that by 2025 manned missions can extend beyond the Moon, and to Mars and back by the mid-2030s. New funding would amount to US$6 billion over the next five years.
- Heather Knight was inaugurated as President of Pacific Union College, becoming the first African-American women to lead an Adventist College in North America.
- Volcanic ash from the eruption of Eyjafjallajokull in Iceland leads to the closure of airspace over most of Europe.
- 2010 Yushu earthquake:
- President Hu Jintao, attending a BRIC summit in Brasilia, announces postponement of his state visits to Peru and Venezuela. (Xinhua)
- Premier Wen Jiabao arrives in Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture and postpones his trip to southeast Asia. (ABC)
- The death toll rises to 617. (Bernama)
- Sudanese newspapers report the death of 9 members of the National Congress during general elections in the country the Sudan People's Liberation Army denies the incident. (Al Jazeera)
- Polls close after five days of voting. (France24)
- Due to the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull volcano, Belgian, British, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Irish, Norwegian, Polish, Russian and Swedish airspaces are affected by the eruption. (''The Irish Times'')
- Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is a prime suspect in a large corruption scandal, law enforcement sources have told the BBC. (BBC)
- The leaders of the United Kingdom's three main political parties take part in the first of three televised debates ahead of the 2010 General Election. (''The Guardian'')
- The maiden flight of the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mk.II, India's first launch with an indigenous cryogenic upper stage, ends in failure, resulting in the loss of the GSAT-4 satellite. (''The Hindu'')
- Three explosions occur in the former Burmese capital of Yangon during the city's Water Festival, killing at least 9 people and injuring 178. (Radio Australia News)
- Gunfire disrupts a rally in support of former President of Kyrgyzstan Kurmanbek Bakiyev in the southern city of Osh. (Al Jazeera)
- At least three security officers are killed after riots in north Jakarta, Indonesia, over plans to bulldoze a cemetery containing a memorial to a revered Muslim scholar. (''Jakarta Post'')
- The 2010 IBSA summit comes to a close in Brasilia.
- Oxfam International says the number of sexual assaults in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo has increased ampquotdramaticallyampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Israel's Communications Ministry imposes a blanket ban on the iPad and will confiscate them from anyone carrying them into the country. (''PC World'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 April 2010
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Real Madrid : 1 - 2
- Valencia - Ath Bilbao : 2 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barrow - Crawley Town : 4 - 1
- Hayes & Yeading - Kidderminster : 2 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Savior - Rise Against
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Muse - Uprising
- Phoenix - 1901
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The system would effectively ban recyclers from exporting toxic, nonfunctional discarded electronic devices to developing nations. [..]
The Carlyle Group is shopping United Components and has tapped Goldman Sachs to help it find a buyer for the auto-parts maker, Bloomberg News reported, citing three people familiar with the plans. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $45.94
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $77.08
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.89
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $54.20
- 1 CHF = 6.4638 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8122 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0534 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.379 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?