Saturday 17 April 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Losers, directed by Sylvain White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Courage and Consequence: My Life as a Conservative in the Fight by Karl Rove was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Las Aparicio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 or Doctor Who: Return to Earth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 17 April 2010 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 April
- The ampquotNuclear Energy for All, Nuclear Weapons for No Oneampquot disarmament conference opens in response to President of the United States Barack Obama's conference in Washington, D.C. (ABC News)
- China and Russia are represented, as are 60 countries, including several foreign ministers. (''Malaysia Star'')
- The United States is not invited to Tehran as was the case of Iran at the Washington, D.C. conference. (''The Washington Post'')
- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad calls for the establishment of an independent body to oversee nuclear disarmament. (Al Jazeera)
- Iran proposes a five-point plan to ampquotdemocratise the global security architectureampquot. (''The Hindu'')
- Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Supreme Leader of Iran, describes the United States as an ampquotatomic criminalampquot, saying that religion prohibits the use of nuclear weapons (haram) and calls for the US to be expelled from the international nuclear system. (''The Times of India'')
- France accuses Iran of shunning nuclear dialogue, while the EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton branded Iran the number one challenge today for world security. (''AFP'')
- Eruption of Eyjafjallajökull:
- The volcanic ash cloud above Europe causes a third day of disruption to air travel, leaving millions of passengers stranded unable to reach their destinations. Officials warn that airspace could remain shut for several more days. (BBC)
- Irish airspace shuts down again, having reopened yesterday. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- Reports indicate that the disruption caused by the ash cloud is costing airlines up to £130m every day. (''The Guardian'')
- Health authorities warn people to stay inside if they smell a sulphurous smell, as it could pose a risk to people with breathing difficulties. (''The Guardian'')
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel is re-routed to Rome via Portugal on her return flight home from the United States, and is now stuck in Bolzano, Italy. (Reuters)
- Child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church:
- Former Vatican Cardinal Darío Castrillón Hoyos says his 2001 praise of a French bishop for hiding a paedophile priest was endorsed by Pope John Paul II. (Reuters)
- Benedict flies to Malta to commemorate the 1,950th anniversary of the shipwreck of Saint Paul on the island, his first overseas visit since the latest round of child sex abuse claims. (''The New York Times'')
- President of Malta George Abela mentions an abuse trial involving three Catholic clergy in his speech to mark Benedict's coming, saying ampquotjustice had both to be done and seen to be doneampquot. Benedict makes no direct reference. (BBC)
- April 2010 Kohat bombings:
- Twin bombings on a centre for the displaced in the town of Kohat, Pakistan, kill at least 42 people and injues dozens of others. (''The New Yorjk Times'')
- The United Nations condemns the twin attacks. (''Dawn'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 April 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Chievo - Livorno : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Hannover : 7 - 0
- Freiburg - Nurnberg : 2 - 1
- Hamburg - Mainz : 0 - 1
- Schalke 04 - M'gladbach : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Hansa Rostock - Frankfurt FSV : 1 - 2
- Union Berlin - St Pauli : 2 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Espanol - Barcelona : 0 - 0
- Sevilla - Sp Gijon : 3 - 0
- Villarreal - Ath Madrid : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Savior - Rise Against
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Muse - Uprising
- Phoenix - 1901
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
In addition, starts in February were sharply revised to show a 1.1 percent increase instead of a 5.9 percent drop. [..]
Macarthur Coal, which has been the object of an intensifying takeover battle, has previously rejected rival offers. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?