Thursday 8 April 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 8, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The New Year, directed by Brett Haley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Last Song.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bit.Trip Fate or Costume Quest.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 8 April 2010 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 April
- US President Barack Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev sign a landmark nuclear arms treaty in the Czech capital, Prague. The treaty commits the countries to each reduce the number of deployed strategic warheads to 1,550, 30 percent lower than the previous ceiling.
- 2010 Kyrgyzstan riots:
- 100 people die in anti-government protests in Kyrgyzstan, according to opposition activist Toktoim Umetalieva. (Arab News)
- The Kyrgyzstan government is ousted as the result of the popular revolt. (News.com.au)
- Opposition leader Roza Otunbayeva says she will lead a temporary government for six months. (''The New York Times'')
- President Kurmanbek Bakiyev escapes Bishkek, purportedly to a southern region of the country through Osh. He refuses to resign, but admits he's lost control of the Kyrgyz military. (BBC)
- Sri Lankans vote in the country's 2010 parliamentary election. (''The Guardian'')
- Pakistan adopts the 18th amendment to the Constitution, stripping President Asif Ali Zardari of key powers. (Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
- 5 people are killed and 11 others are injured in separate attacks in Diyala and Nineveh. (''People's Daily Online'')
- United States President Barack Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev sign a new arms reduction treaty that will cut both countries' arsenals by a third. (TIME)
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will send deputy prime-minister to a summit on nuclear weapons in the United States over concerns that Egypt and Turkey might shift the focus away from preventing militants from obtaining nuclear weapons by insisting that Israel sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). (Reuters)
- A Palestinian teen reported to have been killed returns home safely. (Ottawa Citizen)
- Professor Lee R. Berger announces the discovery of a new hominid species, ''Australopithecus sediba'', believed to be an ancestor of either ''Homo habilis'' or ''Homo erectus''. (''Time'')
- The Bangladeshi army distributes drinking water among more than 12 million people in Dhaka as fears grow over the city's water crisis. (''Arab News'')
- More than 50 doctors in Edo State, Nigeria go on strike after a colleague is kidnapped by unidentified gunmen. (BBC)
- 29 paramilitary troops are convicted of mutiny and imprisoned for up to seven years at a Bangladeshi tribunal. (''Arab News'')
- The death toll in the storm which caused severe damage to Brazil's Rio de Janeiro metro area reaches 200. (Xinhua)
- Separation surgery is declared successful in London on the conjoined twins from Cork, Ireland, born on 2 December. (CNN)
- Scientists say Glacier National Park has lost two more of its glaciers to global warming. (Xinhua)
- 14 people die of dengue fever in Dominican Republic. 2,000 cases of dengue fever have been registered. A total of 52 died of the disease last year. (Xinhua)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 April 2010
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barrow - Kidderminster : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- Ludacris - How Low
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Mientes - Camila
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
Top #10 Rock songs
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Phoenix - 1901
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Muse - Resistance
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $45.50
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $73.34
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.69
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $53.17
- 1 CHF = 6.358 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8086 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0704 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.338 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?