Thursday 1 April 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Lockhart .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Wild Target, directed by Jonathan Lynn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Last Song.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Army of Two: The 40th Day or Bejeweled 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 1 April 2010 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Edward Lockhart: American child of noted conductor Keith Lockhart and his second wife attorney Emiley Zalesky.
- The Indian government initiates The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act to provide free and compulsory education to all children aged between 6 and 14 years, making education a fundamental right for millions of children. (Press TV)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- After Palestinians fire a Qassam rocket that explodes in an open area of the city of Ashkelon, Israeli planes launch air strikes on several targets in the Gaza Strip, in locations which include Gaza City, Khan Yunis and Rafah. (Ynetnews)
- Palestinians and Lebanese protest the arrest of Abbas Zaki, former Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) representative in Lebanon. Maronite Patriarch Nasrallah Boutros Sfeir asks that he be released immediately. (''The Daily Star Lebanon'')
- Archbishop of Dublin Diarmuid Martin, speaking at Holy Thursday mass in St Mary's Pro-Cathedral, criticizes Catholics who believe the church should move on from recent child abuse scandals in Ireland. (RTÉ)
- Archbishop of Westminster Vincent Nichols says he ampquotunderstands arguments for condomsampquot, in apparent conflict with Roman Catholic Church teaching on contraception. (Reuters)
- Southern Sudan's Sudan People's Liberation Movement (SPLM) announces its decision to withdraw its presidential candidate, Yasir Arman, from elections. Most other opposition parties join them. (''The Star'')
- Almost 25,000 homes remain powerless after part of Northern Ireland's electricity network is knocked out. (RTÉ)
- Guinea-Bissau's chief of staff and Prime Minister Carlos Domingos Gomes Júnior are ampquotseizedampquot as national radio broadcasts are replaced by military music. (CNN)
- India launches its new 2011 biometric census, the largest census in the world. (''Bangkok Post'')
- President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev pays an unexpected visit to Dagestan, the day after the deaths of 12 people occur there in a double suicide attack. (France24)
- Missing four-year-old Paulette Gebara Farah, whose disappearance from her home in Huixquilucan, Edomex, achieved major publicity in Mexico, is found dead under a mattress in her bedroom. (''The Melbourne Age'')
- Dozens of prisoners escape/are wounded after an explosion occurs at a prison in Daleh. (Reuters)
- A landmark ruling at the Court of Appeal allows science writer Simon Singh to rely on the defence of fair comment in a libel action taken by the British Chiropractic Association over a 2008 article in ''The Guardian'' newspaper. (''The Times'')
- Justice Victoria Sharp blocks a rail work stoppage by signallers over pay cuts and working conditions, which would have been Britain's first national rail strike in 16 years. (Reuters)
- The Nigerian government asks that criminal charges against Nuhu Ribadu be withdrawn. (BBC)
- 12 people are wounded in a seven-vehicle pile-up on the M6 motorway near Rugby in Warwickshire, England. (BBC)
- South Warwickshire Tourism Ltd (Shakespeare Country), which promoted Stratford-upon-Avon, Royal Leamington Spa, Warwick and Kenilworth, ceases to trade. (BBC)
- Machu Picchu reopens with the help of actress Susan Sarandon. (''The Guardian'')
- Academy Award winning actor Anna Paquin's unexpected public acknowledgement of her bisexuality in a video causes the anti-discrimination Give a Damn campaign website she is promoting to crash. (''The Vancouver Sun'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 April 2010
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Southampton : 2 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Ludacris - How Low
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Mientes - Camila
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- Me Enamore De Ti ... - Chayanne
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
Top #10 Rock songs
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Phoenix - 1901
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Snuff - Slipknot
- Muse - Resistance
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
After double-digit declines in 2008 and 2009, the business jet industry is seeing a few signs of recovery. [..]
A woman’s right insole will be affixed to ads in several women’s magazines after a successful test last June. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $45.52
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $73.65
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.87
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $53.39
- 1 CHF = 6.4667 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7677 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.046 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.285 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?