Monday 19 April 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Oprah: A Biography by Kitty Kelle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Las Aparicio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem or Distant Worlds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 19 April 2010 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 April
- The US Mint releases the first coin in the new 26-coin America the Beautiful quarter dollar coin program to circulation. The 2010-dated coin honors Hot Springs National Park in Arkansas.
- UN Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie appeals for safety in Somalia for thousands of Somalis trapped in the country’s capital of Mogadishu. (UN)
- Robert Kiprono Cheruiyot of Kenya wins the 2010 Boston Marathon, setting a new course record. ESPN
- Kyrgyzstan unrest:
- Several hundred people armed with sticks and stones clashed with ethnic Russians and Meskhetian Turk landowners in the village of Maevka, before moving toward the capital Bishkek and demanding talks with officials. Alertnet
- Jalal-Abad: Approximately 1,000 people gather in the southwestern town's main square, denouncing the interim government and chanting pro-Bakiev slogans. Rallies also take place in neighboring Osh and Batken provinces. RFE-RL
- Middle East
- UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Navi Pillay calls for Saudi Arabia and Gulf states to lift restrictions on women and to improve the position of millions of foreign workers in the region. (Reuters India)
- Former United States presidential candidate and US Senator, John McCain, calls for sanctions against Iran designed to prevent the country from producing a nuclear weapon. (''The Washington Post'')
- Derviş Eroğlu, head of a party opposed to reunification of Cyprus, wins leadership elections in the Turkish Cypriot north but pledges talks with Greek Cypriots. (Al Jazeera)
- Iraqi election officials order a manual recount of votes cast in Baghdad after complaints are raised. (Reuters)
- Prime Minister of Iraq Nouri al-Maliki and officials from the United States say two of the country's al-Qaeda leaders are killed. (BBC)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Israeli police raid the Tel Aviv apartment of Anat Kamm, a journalist who had been put under house arrest after leaking classified documents, claiming she was visited by a family member who had not been approved by the courts. (''Ha'aretz'')
- Israel's Defence Minister Ehud Barak says that Israel will allow a separate Palestinian state ampquotwhether you like it or notampquot. (''The News International'')
- Air travel disruption after the 2010 eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull:
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) criticises European governments, questions their leadership and asks them to reevaluate their decision-making process in the wake of the disaster. (RTT News)
- Thousands of Kenyan farm workers are temporarily laid off as harvesting of flowers and vegetables is stopped due to flight disruptions the Kenya Flower Council says 3,000 tonnes of flowers meant for export have been scrapped. (Reuters Africa)
- Gordon Brown and COBRA deploy the Royal Navy to rescue stranded Britons around the world. (''The Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 April 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Kaiserslautern : 1 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Mallorca - Osasuna : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Caen - Nimes : 0 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Plymouth - Newcastle : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Over - Drake
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
Top #10 Latin songs
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga - Me Gusta Todo De Ti
- Chino & Nacho - Nina Bonita
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- Comandos del M.P. (500 Balazos) - Voz de Mando
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Phoenix - 1901
- Godsmack - Cryin' Like A Bitch!
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Break - Three Days Grace
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?