Sunday 20 February 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sidney Poitier in Miami and Hubert Givenchy.
It, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1927!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1927 ?
- Sidney Poitier in Miami: Florida, USA; actor (Porgy and Bess, A Raisin in the Sun, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, In the Heat of the Night).
- Hubert Givenchy: French fashion designer and entrepreneur, one of the greatest names in haute couture.
- Sidney Poitier: American actor, a long-term veteran of many fine films who made his debut in 1949 in "No Way Out.
- Roy Cohn: Lawyer "grand inquisitor" (for Sen Joseph McCarthy).
- Ibrahim Ferrer: Cuban singer (Buena Vista Social Club and Afro-Cuban All Stars) (d. 2005).
- Golfers in South Carolina are arrested for violating Sabbath.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?