Wednesday 20 January 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patricia Neal and Bernard Lavalette.
Alice's Balloon Race, directed by Walt Disney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 January 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1926 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Patricia Neal: American actress who was a Broadway success from her stage debut in 1945.
- Bernard Lavalette: French actor who specializes in supporting roles in film, often playing "official" characters such as an Admiral, Colonel, MP, minister or prefect.
- David Tudor: American pianist and composer (d. 1996).
- Robert L Van Citters: Cardiology / advisory panelist / UW dean.
- David Eugene Tudor: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Composer.
- Jamiluddin Aali: Pakistani poet, essayist and columnist.
- Qurratulain Hyder: Indian and Pakistani novelist (d. 2007).
- Michael Higgins in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (1918, Wanda, Black Stallion).
- Patricia Neal in Packard: Kentucky, USA; actress (Hud, Subject Was Roses).
- 2nd German government of Luther begins
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dinah - Ethel Waters
- Don't Wake Me Up, Let Me Dream - Howard Lanin & His Orchestra