Thursday 20 March 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 20, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Magne and Ornette Coleman.
Mammy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1930 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Michel Magne: French musician, composer for films, Oscar nomination for "Gigot" 1962.
- Ornette Coleman: Musician.
- S Arasaratnam: Sri Lankan historian author and academic (d. 1998).
- Clessie Cummins sets diesel engine speed record of 129.39 kph.