Thursday 20 March 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Magne and S Arasaratnam.
Mammy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1930 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Michel Magne: French musician, composer for films, Oscar nomination for "Gigot" 1962.
- S Arasaratnam: Sri Lankan historian author and academic (d. 1998).
- Clessie Cummins sets diesel engine speed record of 129.39 kph.