Tuesday 20 October 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 20, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to 3 by Britney Spears.
Everybody's Fine, directed by Kirk Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fear Clinic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ceville or Contra ReBirth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 October 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 October 2009 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 October
- European astronomers discover 32 exoplanets.
- The Czech Republic becomes the final member-state of the European Union to sign the Treaty of Lisbon, thereby permitting that document's initiation into European law.
- Afghanistan's election commission orders a run-off election for November 7 in the Afghan presidential election. (AP via ''Jamaica Observer'')
- In a set of canon laws, the Vatican welcomes groups of Anglicans as ampquotpersonal ordinariatesampquot into the Catholic Church, Pope Benedict XVI announces. (CNN)
- A court in Yemen sentences 10 Shi'ite Houthi rebels to death and jailed five others over clashes which killed hundreds of people last year. (Al Bawaba)
- Nine North Koreans who entered the Danish embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam, last month leave for South Korea. (''The Copenhagen Post'')
- Richard Herman resigns as the Chancellor of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as a result of an admissions scandal. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- Sun Microsystems announces plans to lay off up to 3,000 workers as it prepares for a merger with Oracle Corp. (Market Watch)
- The entire government of Kyrgyzstan resigns as President Kurmanbek Bakiyev announces a new reform campaign. (''Taiwan News'')
- Niger is suspended by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) after its President Tandja Mamadou went ahead with a parliamentary election it had asked to be postponed over boycotts. (Reuters)
- At least four students are killed and many injured in bomb explosions at an Islamic university in Islamabad, Pakistan. (AP via Google)
- China pledges to rescue the crew aboard the Chinese ship ''De Xin Hai'' after it is hijacked by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean. The pirates threaten to kill the crew if there is any attempt to rescue them. (''The Guardian'')
- Detectives arrest a man in Belfast in connection with the Massereene Barracks shooting in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, in March 2009. (Press Associaton)
- Iran buries its dead members of the Revolutionary Guard, killed in a suicide attack two days ago. Thousands of people attend the funerals. (Press TV)
- The United States Supreme Court agrees to decide whether federal courts have the power to order prisoners held at Guantánamo Bay to be released into the country. (''The New York Times'')
- Nearly 100,000 Italian women sign a petition after Silvio Berlusconi says a female politician is ampquotmore beautiful than intelligentampquot on live television. (Reuters)
- Rare footage of the abuse of suspected witches causes controversy in India. (BBC)
- The United States observes the National Day on Writing, sponsored by the National Council of Teachers of English (''Pittsburgh Post-Gazette'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 October 2009
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Sheffield United : 3 - 0
- Bristol City - Plymouth : 3 - 1
- Cardiff - Coventry : 2 - 0
- Doncaster - Peterboro : 3 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Luton - York : 1 - 1
- Stevenage - Wrexham : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Under - Pleasure P
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
- Forever - Drake Featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem
- Number One - R. Kelly Featuring Keri Hilson
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
Top #10 Latin songs
- Shakira - Loba
- Esclavo De Sus Besos - David Bisbal
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Mi Cama Huele A Ti - Tito "El Bambino" El Parton Featuring Zion & Lennox
- Recuerdame - La Quinta Estacion A Dueto Con Marc Anthony
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
Top #10 Rock songs
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Jars - Chevelle
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Pearl Jam - The Fixer
- Muse - Uprising
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- You're Going Down - Sick Puppies
- Overcome - Creed
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
After years of volatility, oil prices have found a level that seems to satisfy producing nations, oil companies, and major consumers. [..]
The Nook will cost $259, matching Amazon.com’s most recent price cut for its new edition of the Kindle. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.51
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $64.33
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $64.41
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.53
- 1 CHF = 6.7423 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5056 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9646 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.302 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?