Tuesday 20 October 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to 3 by Britney Spears.
Nathan der Weise, directed by Manfred Noa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Professional by Robert B. Parker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meet the Natives USA.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman Touch 2: Volcano Party or Trine.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 October 2009 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 October
- European astronomers discover 32 exoplanets.
- The Czech Republic becomes the final member-state of the European Union to sign the Treaty of Lisbon, thereby permitting that document's initiation into European law.
- Afghanistan's election commission orders a run-off election for November 7 in the Afghan presidential election. (AP via ''Jamaica Observer'')
- In a set of canon laws, the Vatican welcomes groups of Anglicans as ampquotpersonal ordinariatesampquot into the Catholic Church, Pope Benedict XVI announces. (CNN)
- A court in Yemen sentences 10 Shi'ite Houthi rebels to death and jailed five others over clashes which killed hundreds of people last year. (Al Bawaba)
- Nine North Koreans who entered the Danish embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam, last month leave for South Korea. (''The Copenhagen Post'')
- Richard Herman resigns as the Chancellor of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as a result of an admissions scandal. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- Sun Microsystems announces plans to lay off up to 3,000 workers as it prepares for a merger with Oracle Corp. (Market Watch)
- The entire government of Kyrgyzstan resigns as President Kurmanbek Bakiyev announces a new reform campaign. (''Taiwan News'')
- Niger is suspended by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) after its President Tandja Mamadou went ahead with a parliamentary election it had asked to be postponed over boycotts. (Reuters)
- At least four students are killed and many injured in bomb explosions at an Islamic university in Islamabad, Pakistan. (AP via Google)
- China pledges to rescue the crew aboard the Chinese ship ''De Xin Hai'' after it is hijacked by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean. The pirates threaten to kill the crew if there is any attempt to rescue them. (''The Guardian'')
- Detectives arrest a man in Belfast in connection with the Massereene Barracks shooting in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, in March 2009. (Press Associaton)
- Iran buries its dead members of the Revolutionary Guard, killed in a suicide attack two days ago. Thousands of people attend the funerals. (Press TV)
- The United States Supreme Court agrees to decide whether federal courts have the power to order prisoners held at Guantánamo Bay to be released into the country. (''The New York Times'')
- Nearly 100,000 Italian women sign a petition after Silvio Berlusconi says a female politician is ampquotmore beautiful than intelligentampquot on live television. (Reuters)
- Rare footage of the abuse of suspected witches causes controversy in India. (BBC)
- The United States observes the National Day on Writing, sponsored by the National Council of Teachers of English (''Pittsburgh Post-Gazette'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 October 2009
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Sheffield United : 3 - 0
- Bristol City - Plymouth : 3 - 1
- Cardiff - Coventry : 2 - 0
- Doncaster - Peterboro : 3 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Luton - York : 1 - 1
- Stevenage - Wrexham : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?