Saturday 21 August 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Humbert Balsan and Archie Griffin.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Dawn at Socorro, directed by George Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toi et moi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1954 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Archie Griffin: American football player, the first two-time winner of the prestigious Heisman Trophy and three-time All-American between 1973 and 1975.
- Humbert Balsan: French film producer and chairman of the European Film Academy.
- Steve Smith (musician)
- Bodil Niska: Norwegian saxophonist and composer.
- Bruce Berenyi: American pro athlete, a pitcher with the Cincinnati Reds Baseball franchise and later with the New York Mets.
- Steve Smith: American drummer (Journey Montrose Steps Ahead The RD Crusaders and Vital Information).
- Chip Coffey: American psychic who appears as a medium on various paranormal television programs, primarily "Paranormal State" and "Psychic Kids.
- Didier Six: French international football/soccer player, who played as a winger and earned 52 caps and scored 13 goals for the France national football team.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?