Tuesday 21 December 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andre Arthur and Jack Nance.
A Guy Named Joe, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Valley of Decision by Marcia Davenport was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1943 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Andre Arthur: Canadian radio host.
- Jack Nance: American actor who appeared in much of David Lynch's work, including the starring role in his dark classic, 'Eraserhead', and a recurring role on the TV series, 'Twin Peaks'.
- Walter Spanghero: French rugby player, leader of the Spanghero tribe.
- André Arthur: Canadian journalist and politician.
- Lena Bergman: Swedish actress.
- Albert Lee: English guitarist and songwriter (Heads Hands & Feet and Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?