Tuesday 21 December 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Boudarel and Pedro Gonzales-Gonzalez in Aguilares.
Hotel Imperial, directed by Mauritz Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1926 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Georges Boudarel
- Pedro Gonzales-Gonzalez in Aguilares: Texas, USA; actor (Rio Bravo).
- Arnost Lustig: Czech author.
- John Herbert McDowell: Composer.
- Joe Paterno: American football coach.
- Arnošt Lustig: Czech author and playwright (d. 2011).
- James Adams: American attorney, Texas legislator, and senior government official who served as acting director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation from 15 to 23 February 1978.
- Soccer team DOS Struggle forms
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Lost My Heart in Monterey (When I Found You) - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Tonight You Belong to Me - Franklyn Baur
- Someone is Losin' Susan - Harry Reser's Orchestra
- It Made You Happy When You Made Me Cry - Isham Jones & His Orchestra