Wednesday 21 July 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam) and Ed Hinton.
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gabrielle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1948 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam): English singer/songwriter.
- Ed Hinton: American sportswriter.
- Beppe Grillo: Italian comedian, actor, and politician, he began to work as accountant.
- Litto Nebbia: Singer, songwriter and producer prominent in the development of Argentine rock.
- Bruce Scofield: American astrologer, lecturer and author.
- Cat Stevens: (born Steven Demetre Georgiou), commonly known by his former stage name Cat Stevens, is a British singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, humanitarian, education philanthropist, and prominent convert to Islam. He began releasing gold albums in 1971. A singer, pianist, guitarist and songwriter, he first appeared as a clean cut teen-age idol. After a pause due to an illness of TB in 1968 and depression, he returned as a shaggy singer and writer of songs with considerable depth and meaning, acco
- Hubert-Félix Thiéfaine: French pop-rock singer and songwriter.
- Jacques Vergnes: French football (soccer) player, a striker who made one appearance for the French national football team in 1971, scoring in that one match.
- Marius Tresor:
- Snooty : American manatee
- Art Hindle: Halifax, Nova Scotia -- Actor (Jeff-Dallas, Berrengers)
- Garry Trudeau: American cartoonist
- Teruzane Utada: Japanese music record producer and manager
- WSPD TV channel 13 in Toledo, OH (NBC) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?