Saturday 31 July 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leaveil Degree and Pascal Ory.
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Gabrielle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1948 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Leaveil Degree: Rocker (Whispers).
- Pascal Ory: French historian, specializing in cultural and political history and writing on Fascism in particular.
- Russell Morris: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Maria "Marie" Hens: Flemish actress (Female Revue), dies at 70.
- Brigadoon closes at Ziegfeld Theater NYC after 581 performances
- President Truman dedicates Idlewild Field (Kennedy Airport), New York
- At Idlewild Field in New York, New York International Airport (later renamed John F. Kennedy International Airport) is dedicated.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 July 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Call Everybody Darlin' - Anne Vincent
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?