Thursday 22 July 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yves-Thibault de Silguy and Gérard de Cortanze.
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Tomorrow Will Be Better by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gabrielle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 July 1948 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Yves-Thibault de Silguy
- Gérard de Cortanze
- Gérard Cortanze: French writer, essayist, translator and literary critic.
- Yves-Thibault Silguy: French and European politician, who served in the Santer Commission and was in charge of Economic and Financial Affairs.
- Otto Waalkes: German-Frisian comedian and actor.
- The Dominion of Newfoundland votes to join Canada after a referendum.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?