Friday 2 July 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Saul Rubinek and Sylvain Cambreling.
A Foreign Affair, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Winner Take All.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1948 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Saul Rubinek: Canadian actor.
- Sylvain Cambreling: French musician and orchestral conductor.
- Bernard-Pierre Donnadieu: French actor who studied theatre and film at the Sorbonne Paris III and began his career in film at the age of 25 by making appearances with acclaimed directors.
- Mutula Kilonzo: Kenyan lawyer and politician (d. 2013).
- Gene McFadden: American singer-songwriter and producer (McFadden & Whitehead) (d. 2006).
- 62nd Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Falkenburg beats Bromwich (75 06 62 36 75)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?