Wednesday 7 July 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Colombani and Fred Brown.
Easter Parade, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Gabrielle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 7 July 1948
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1948 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Jean-Marie Colombani: French journalist, who was the editor-in-chief of the daily newspaper Le Monde from 1994 until 2007.
- Larry Reinhardt: Rocker (Iron Butterfly).
- Fred Brown: NBA player (Seattle SuperSonic).
- Roberto D'Agostino: Italian journalist and television personality who started his career in 1965 as a radio disc jockey.
- Jean Leclerc: French-Canadian actor.
- 6 female reservists become 1st women sworn into regular US Navy
- Indians sign Satchel Paige at 42
- Cleveland Indians sign Leroy "Satchel" Paige.
- Six female reservists become first women sworn into regular US Navy.