Friday 30 July 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Reno and Carel Struycken.
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gabrielle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 July 1948 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Jean Reno: French actor, seen in "The Professional," directed by Luc Besson.
- Carel Struycken
- Billy Paultz: American basketball player.
- Julia Tsenova: Bulgarian composer and musician (Born 1948).
- Jim Mandich: American college and pro football player.
- John Briscoe: South African-American epidemiologist engineer and academic (d. 2014).
- Otis Taylor: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Emile Zatopek runs Olympic record (10K - 29:59.6)
- Professional wrestling premieres on prime-time network TV (DuMont).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?